Saturday, March 13, 2010

All dressed up with NO Prom date...

Yeap... another year gone by and yet again, NO Prom date.  Brian's excuse this year is a deployment.  What's a girl got to do to get a guy to go to the big dance with her?  I used to never chaperone a school sponsored dance if I could find a way out.  I just dread being the "dance police"... I have adopted one of my girlfriend's sayings when she goes up to a couple who is clearly doing something inappropriate on the dance floor (hands, body, mouth... you name it)... she takes her hands and "slices" it between the couple and says, "MAKE ROOM FOR JESUS!" and then proceeds to the next victims.  No, that isn't the only thing you do at the Homecoming and Prom dances as a chaperone, but that certainly is part of it.  The other part is enjoy to enjoy all the kids dressed up and you get to "oohhh and aahhhhh" over how great they look (and even how much better some of them act).

Here are some of my former students (all juniors now) who I still get to see pretty regularly.  From L to R: Anna, Kiersten, me, Rianna, and Kelcey.

















Posing with one of my seniors, Kristen P.  Funny story about Kristen... in one of her other Senior IB classes, her and a few others were assigned a group task to present a skit based on some topic they were discussing in class.  Her group thought it would be funny to center the plot around two of their teachers lives - I happen to be one of them.  Don't worry - I went and saw it... it was funny.  Anyway, the morning of the skit, Kristen popped into my room to say hello.  She was dressed a little different then usual and even wore her hair up as opposed to straightened and down.  She proceeded to say in her bubbly energetic way, "do I look different today?  Who do you think I'm dressed like?"  After stepping back and looking her up and down... she was dressed like ME.  HA.  She even wore her hair exactly the way I wear it everyday.  HA-HA.  Take a peek at the picture below of us that day.  When people see it, they think we are really related.  What do you think? 

No comments: