Friday, January 17, 2014

Disco Dancing

Here's a mommy moment I didn't see coming...

Thomas got off the bus today and confidently told me he was signing up for his school's talent show that is to be held at the end of next month.

Surprised, amused, & quite curious, "Really?" I said with a big smile on my face.  Compelled to know what talent Thomas wanted to share with the public, I finally asked.

His response cracked me up & horrified me both at the same time.
"MOM, disco dancing... of course!"

Oh. My. Gosh!
Lord help me face this parenting challenge. I don't even know where to begin to explain what I mean by that, but I do know that I need to support him because this is what he wants to do.  I'm so proud of him for just wanting to get out there and do it, regardless of the fact that he is a 1st grader.  AND that he wants to showcase his "talent" in public. You go, boy!


Here's what I do know for certain at this moment...
There is no way that he's my kid if he wants to dance in public.  Period.
This kind of public disco dancing that he is speaking of just isn't a Sullivan or Brennan trait.  Clearly this music passion is rooted on Daddy's side of the family... deep down in the roots of the family tree.

Yet, I digress.  Folks, we have a disco dancer on our hands.  Enough said.

No comments: