At that moment is when the day final starts to wind down. Sometimes it's 7:45, sometimes it closer to 8:30. Either way, after starting my day shortly before 5am, it is finally at this point where I know it is final OK to exhale.
Despite the fact that there are still things to get ready for the next day - prepped coffee, work clothes set out, workout stuff packed, and lunches made - I try to do all of those things quickly and quietly as I get ready to unwind & relax after another long day.
Just as most people do, my husband and I each end our day with some kind of routine that allows for reflection & relaxation. For me though, it looks like this:
- I like to put my feet up. In fact, I like to lay down on the my couch where I am as horizontal as possible.
- I prefer to spend some time not talking. Let me clarify... I talk to teachers, staff members, students, parents and plenty of other people in my community ALL day long. Once I say goodnight to my 3 munchkins, and spend a little time catching up with my hubby, I really do just want to have some peace & quiet. That's my introvert side coming out.
- I like having some quiet TV noise in the background that I can also watch if I find it interesting. And to be really honest, hubs & I are usually watching one of our nerdy History Channel or National Geographic channel shows.
- On most days, I like to blog. Unfortunately, there are a few times per week where my brain just doesn't want to write or think, or because I actually have to do some work or even more because I'm not even home due to some type of Admin Duty.
- Often times I fall asleep on the couch while curled underneath a cozy blanket near my hubby.
- Before heading off to bed, I always peek in on my 3 sleeping beauties and give them extra kisses before heading off to my own dreamland.