Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday Night Leftovers (the My Mom & My Dad edition)

  • I got to see my first hockey game this week as I needed to be the Admin on duty.  Thomas has already hit me up to tag along to the next game. I know he'll love it.
  • I have heard Marilyn say (at least 2 dozen times this week) in conversation that she gets to ride in "my mom's car" and that's "my dad's tools."  The funny thing is she was talking with Thomas & Abby.  Like they have different parents or something... too funny!
  • Now that the snow is here for the long winter haul, Brian has made room in the garage again for my car to be parked in there.  You have no idea how blessed & lucky I feel each morning when I leave in a warm & cozy car;  meanwhile, Brian's frozen truck hardly warms up even by the time he arrives to work.
  • Have I mentioned that the indoor trampoline we have is freak'in amazing?  Seriously.  It absolutely helps expend kid energy on the cold & dark days that we are in.
  • With the fluffy white stuff all around us now, I think I'm ready to enjoy all the fun winter stuff for our last winter here - sledding, snowshoeing, snowball fights, shoveling, dog sledding riding, learning how to cross-country ski, and maybe even snow machining (although the last time I drove one, it wasn't pretty at all).
  • Thomas is most certainly an accelerated reader - he easily reads books that at a 3rd grade level.
  • Abbigail is preparing for kindergarten and it is blowing my mind what she is learning.
  • Marilyn is a talker.  No, really.  If you didn't know that she was only 2.5 years old, you would think she was at least 35 years old based on her pronunciation of "xylophone" and "Mississippi" and of course how she can talk your ear off about anything.  Hmm.  I wonder if this is a Sullivan trait?

No comments: