Friday, May 4, 2012

About my Mommy Interview


With Mother's Day fast approaching, I thought it fit & appropriate to have an interview with Thomas about his Mommy.  In order to make it a little more realistic, I told Thomas that I was a reporter (and not his Mom at that moment) and I was writing a newspaper story about things he loved about his Mommy.  After getting a weird eyebrow raise and then a smirky giggle, he agreed to answer my questions.  So, here it is straight from an almost-5-year-old's vantage point...

Reporter:  What does your mommy do while you are at school?
Thomas: Work, like feeding Marilyn, and she does lots of things with Abby & Marilyn all day long.
Reporter: If your mom were an animal, what kind would she be?
Thomas: A camel - they have big things on their back. (I would really like to know what he is referring to here)
Reporter: My mom said the most important rule is...
Thomas: to always say, "please."
Reporter: I love my mommy because...
Thomas: she always says "please" when asking me to do something.
Reporter: What food does your mom make best?
Thomas: spaghetti (which is funny because Daddy always makes it, I only heat up the bowl of frozen leftover sauce that we stashed away)
Reporter: What makes your mommy laugh?
Thomas: When I make all of my funny faces.
Reporter: How tall is your mommy?
Thomas: [holding his 2 arms as far apart as possible] 1754 feet.
Reporter: My favorite thing to do with my mommy is...
Thomas: Make her laugh
Reporter: Nobody is better than [she is at]...
Thomas: giving me ice cream!


No comments: