Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (the 12 & 12 edition)

  • Spring time is in full effect up here in Alaska.  We have officially hit the 12 hours of daylight mark (yeah!!!).  However, the problem is there is still a serious amount of winter weather conditions. 
  • Kindergarten registration is happening now and I'm in disbelief.  Maybe its denial.  I'm not sure what it is but I know that Thomas was just born the other day and my almost-5-year old can not possibly be getting read for school next year?
  • I'm starting to realize that our summer visitors (lots of family) will be here before we know it.  The kids and I have a trip to the lower 48 (ie: CA) in less than 2 weeks; hubby has another overseas trip shortly thereafter and then BAM... summer is here and Hotel Heck is open for business!  Holy Cow.
  • I wish I had a spring break from school.  Frankly its tough to stay motivated with all my course work and no break to look forward to until summer.  Oh wait... I will be done in early June with all my course work!  Hell Yeah!
  • Thomas told me the other day that when he turns 5 this summer, he will be taller than me and he will be the boss.  Ummm... I had to inform him that he was wrong about both of those and that he would have to wait until he was at least 6 years old to be taller than me.
  • Our living room seems to be in a redecoration mode lately - we have to move anything of value up higher and away from where Marilyn can reach.  Mind you too that she stands up on her tip-toes to reach anything possible.  Oh Lordy little girl!
  • Lastly... Happy St. Patrick's Day this weekend.  Don't forget to kiss someone Irish while you are drinking your green beer!
  • Oh one more thing... to all my dear friends, family and former students back in Florida who are enjoying the most beautiful weather EVER by the beach on your spring break - please stop reminding me of how great it feels to have your toes in the sand, drink in your hand and watching the sunset on the Gulf of Mexico.  It's just not nice for someone that has 3 feet of snow in her front yard!

No comments: