Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Night Leftover (Northern Lights edition)

  • We finally saw them -  the incredible Northern Lights danced across the clear night sky.  Words do not truely explain the beauty we saw last night.  They were like green waves swirling around up above.  Have I mentioned that they were amazing?  Here's a glimpse, but I have to tell you pictures do not do them justice:
  • Had a much needed date night dinner with my amazing hubby last night (thanks to our babysitter Hannah) - not only did I not have to feed or assist any little mouths at the table, but my sweetie and I got to talk about our next move with his career, my career, and where we might be in the next few years.  It always feels good when the sky is clear(er).
  • Nothing is safe in our house from Marilyn.  NOTHING.  Girl is into everything.
  • Abby is now only wearing a Pull-Up at bedtime at night.  I'm still in awe of her learning to go potty so quickly.  It's clear that girls are more advanced than boys.
  • It has recently come to my attention that I often times sound like a broken record with the kids - repeating phrases upwards of 10, 20, and probably even 30x a day.  At any given time, things like, "do you have your listening ears on - please just give me a second and I will help you - if you don't have anything nice to say then please don't say anything at all!" are being said.  Aughhhh!
  • Rumor has it here that because we have received record breaking amounts of snow this winter - that snow will more than likely still be on the ground in May (as opposed to the usual April time frame).  Oh my.
  • With that said... I really miss wearing my flip-flops.  They used to be my go-to, wear-any-season shoe when I lived in Florida.  How odd that now that all-season shoe has become my snow boot.
  • As long as we are talking about weather... I REALLY, really can't wait until there is enough bare road visible and the temperatures are a little warmer for me to go running outside.  This body definately needs to have some fresh air "running" through my lungs and for my body to get a good sweat on.  Any exercise inside just isn't cutting it for me.
  • As of today, we are up to 11.5 hours of daylight.  I'm not too worried about Daylight Savings this weekend at all.  What I am worried about is making sure I have all the bedrooms ready to go with blackout fabric on our curtains as we continue to pick up 5-6 extra minutes a day of sunlight.
TGIF folks - enjoy the weekend and enjoy the weather outside!

 

No comments: