Thursday, November 3, 2011

5 month stats

Last week, Marilyn had her 5 month checkup.  The doctor said she is healthy as a horse (I'm not sure why we say that phrase) and is doing extremely well.  She started rice cereal when she was 4 months old but we have since added some veggies & fruit to her diet as well.  Marilyn's a big fan of sweet potatoes, peas, bananas & apples.  However, she has several times refused the carrots.  I can't blame her - I tasted them and they are gross.  Same thing with the baby peaches.  I'm just not a fan.


Marilyn's 5 month old stats:
height - 25.75 in (67th percentile)
weight - 15 lbs 12 oz (61st percentile)
 On the sleep front, she is not quite the rock-star sleeper she once was not too long ago, but I really can't complain too much.  She still has a nightly feeding, but on some nights she is feeling really rebellious and wakes up several times just to see how fast Mama will come running.  At first, like with all of my babies, I give in and rock her, and sometimes even nurse her back to sleep.  HOWEVER, that got old real quick.  I came to my senses and realized that she has been playing me.  Now, the night-light is repositioned so she can't see me coming in the shadows and all I do is pop the NUK back in her mouth and disappear.  After a few short minutes of fussing, she is back to sleep. 
 Marilyn loves to stand (with us holding her of course).  She literally will stand for up to 10 minutes.  It is crazy how strong her little legs are.  She hasn't yet figured out how to roll from her back to her belly, but she already goes the other way... belly to back.  She also sits all by herself although I can't help but tuck a pillow behind her for the occasional tumble. 

My goodness she is growing up fast.

No comments: