Saturday, November 19, 2011

Gym Rats

I mentioned last week that we have a FREE Arctic Gym/Playground on base.  Although we go weekly, from time-to-time I actually get to workout there as my kiddos play and have a good time.  My workout is usually not very long, maybe a 2-3 mile run on the treadmill and some Ab work on the mat depending on how busy and occupied the kids are.  Of course the great thing about this place is how relaxed it is.  I don't have to worry about people getting upset that the kids come over to me when I'm on the treadmill or if I'm down on the mats doing crunches or push ups... kids are everywhere and that is just the accepted thing here.  I have a juice box and a small snack for them on the stroller that they help themselves to and also plenty of little toys for Marilyn while she hangs out with me.  Here is a glimpse at my gym rats with me last week:

 Not sure if they are working their Abs or not?

No comments: