Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A whole lotta "I wants & I needs"

It began about 2 weeks ago... even before Halloween.
It happens almost every time there is a toy commercial or he sees the not-so-well-hidden catelogs.
It starts with, "Mom let me show you this that I really, really want..." and usually ends with, "and I need this and this and that one too."
It is really starting to get annoying.

We have started to remind him that Santa only brings toys to boys and girls who have been kind & good... ALL YEAR LONG.  That he is watching you from the North Pole (which isn't far from here you know) and wants to know that boys and girls have their listening ears on... ALL OF THE TIME.  That he would like very much for you to pick a few (key word "few") toys that you would really enjoy having and write them down on a Christmas wish list (with Mommy & Daddy's help of course) so that he & his elves can bring a special present to you on Christmas morning.
One day this week, shortly after we had endured a round of Time-Outs with Thomas & Abby for snatching, pushing and crying, I reminded them about Santa, presents, kind & good, etc.  Thomas turned to me and said, "I am trying to be kind & good Mom but she just keeps fighting me.  She is making it really, really hard to always be good."
So there you have it from a 4.5 year old... its his sister's fault.

No comments: