Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers (out of suitcase edition)

Hey folks!
  • Week #2 of living out of a suitcase...not great... but can't complain at all about the accommodations (my MIL's house).
  • I almost cried when I told the kids' teachers when their last day would be.  We are all gonna need a jumbo size box of tissues for that day.
  • Congrats to all of my IB & AP students on their scores that were released this week... a job well done!  I'm super proud of all of you!
  • Abby is really liking the toddler bed that she thinks is hers.  I wonder what she is going to think when she and Thomas are sleeping in a "full" size bed in all the hotels along the road trip?  I'm trying to tread lightly on this whole new bed idea for her.  Figures crossed it continues to go well.
  • Just this week, Marilyn has started to show some true colors regarding car rides.  She is adamantly opposed to them.  What baby in their right mind doesn't like a car ride that is soothing and can lull anyone to sleep?  Well, apparently her.  She has been screaming at the top of her lungs where ever we have to drive to.  I've tried several different things but as of now... she is letting me know she is not a fan at all.  Does she know that we have a 4,500 mile long road trip ahead of us?  Auughhhh.
  • Thomas and Abby are loving the pool that is at our disposal anytime here at Grannie's house.  I definitely credit the convenience and frequent use of the pool to our vastly improved swimming skills in both kids in the last few weeks.
  • Marilyn is officially out of her newborn clothes and diapers.  Look out double digits (pounds)... here we come!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Stopping by from FNL.

My youngest used to scream on long car rides between the ages of 3 & 9 months. We had an 8 hour drive to Chicago when he was 6 months old that was insane. We needed ear plugs.

Courtney said...

Hi! Stopping in from FNL. I have a suggestion for the car (I had two kids that hated the car...I agree with you, it's crazy!) We cut out a piece of egg crate foam to fit the carseat and put it under the carseat cover. It's been awhile since they were in infant carriers so you may want to double check the safety standards on doing that with current car seats but it sure made a HUGE difference for us. Good luck on the trip!

Danifred said...

Tot HATED car rides. HATED them. I really hope this is a quick phase for you, otherwise, it's going to be a long 4,500 miles.