Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers (in limbo edition)

Hi July!
  • By teachers' standards, the summer is half over.  Holy crap... where has it gone?
  • On a similar note, I'm wondering how I will feel come mid-August when everyone is going back to school except Michelle?  Time will tell.
  • House is officially empty, household goods are en route to Alaska via truck & boat.  New tenant is moving in as we speak.  That makes us homeless for the next 3 weeks but thanks to my in-laws and my mother... we will be their house guests with plenty of accommodations & lots of time to enjoy family before we leave.  But I have to admit, I'm feeling a little in limbo.
  • Me and the running stroller became friends again this morning; Marilyn joined us on our 2 mile run/walk.  More to come on exercising post-pregnancy and losing the baby weight.  Let's put it like this... there is a long way to go to get back the pre-baby #3 body! 
  • Abby has surprised us once again and has done extremely well with the transition out of the crib.  She is actually making a liar out of us... 1st the idea she wouldn't do well with a new baby in the house; 2nd the notion that she wasn't ready to move to a toddler or twin bed. 
  • I think Thomas might be in the midst of a growth spurt - he complains regularly that his legs hurt.  Oh, the joys of growing pains.
  • Why must Abby disagree initially with almost everything I do/ask/get for her? Why then does she almost always change her mind? This drives me crazy. Clearly we are almost to the terrible twos.
  • Hoping this July 4th weekend is filled with pool time, a BBQ, nightly walks to the water and good quality time with my family.  There are many days/weeks left...
Hope everyone enjoys their holiday weekend where ever you are!

1 comment:

Danifred said...

I hope the next three weeks are restful for you guys.
I think Bean is growing too, she is always complaining about her legs, especially at night.