Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hand-Me-Downs

I love hand-me-downs.
I especially love hand-me-down toys that were once Daddy's or mine.
We have an old horsey rocker and a Pinocchio jacket hanger that were all Daddy's as a baby.
We also inherited a gorgeous train set that we set up at Christmas time that also was Daddy's.

But last weekend we headed over to Nana's house for dinner and got a chance to dig some of Mommy's old toys out of the attic and clean 'em up and pass 'em down to Thomas & Abbigail.  For Thomas... an old train set that runs on wheels as opposed to track.  This was a huge hit, especially when he realized that animals (or whatever) could take a ride in the individual train cars.
 For Abbigail... Nana held on to Mommy & Aunt Jen's Cabbage Patch dolls plus accessories.  Abby, too, was in heaven especially when she realized that the baby bed could hold lots of babies at one time.  There was a moment when she insisted on getting in, but I had to put my foot down and tell her it was only for baby dolls - not big girls.  Apparently I sounded convincing.

 There was even enough room for Winnie the Pooh + 3 babies.
Thanks Nana for holding on to these special toys for all of these years.  As much as I couldn't understand why you would want to... the smiling faces of your grand babies quickly told me why.

No comments: