Monday, February 21, 2011

Brian

For those people who think they know my other half well, and for those who don't know him at all:

He is a lover of - me, his 2 beautiful children, his dog, the ocean, fishing boats, pick up trucks to his specification, seafood, a simple life free of drama, beer, a good rum mixed w/coke, eBay, building & fixing things, being a smartass, and wearing his flip-flops.
He absolutely hates - his belly button touched, lazy people who have no work ethic, dishonesty, excuses people give, cold weather, quiche/casseroles, when he feels like he is not performing at his best, and when his wife is stressed out.
Brian is the person in my life who never ceases to amaze me with what he knows, what he will try, and what he accomplishes.  He is the hardest working person I have ever known, whether he is doing it for the Air Force, to catch fish, save us money by him doing the labor, or to make something absolutely memorable for the kids and me. 

Brian is the kind of man who will come home from the grocery store with flowers in one hand for me and a gift certificate for a manicure/pedicure in the other... for no reason at all except he knew I would love the beautiful flowers and I'm well over due for a relaxing hour or so of pampering.  He just surprises me with what he does. 
On a totally different note, Brian is also the man who will take the bull by his horns and make things happen when I didn't think there was anything that could be done.  Case in point, this morning... our grinder pump (which is part of our sewer system) broke suddenly.  That means no using anything water related.  Period.  He called in the water company and was told the grime diagnosis... we needed a new one... ASAP.  The price tag was hefty... to the tune of $1600.  Not the way we both wanted to spend our Presidents Day holiday.  After a morning of research & phone calls, Brian did what he always does, he went outside and figured out what was wrong.  He came back an hour later (smelling like crap, grease and everything else in a grinder pump) and proudly told me, "Its fixed."  And just like that... Brian had once again surprised me and did what needed to be done.  I love him.

The other night, Brian found out that he has won Senior NCO (Non-Commissioned Officer) of the Year at the 9th Air Force level.  Wow!  For a man who doesn't like drama (and attention) brought his way, he has now found himself in a very high visibility position which will surely catch the eye of those leaders at the Command level.  For the annual winners, they will be enjoying a week of work/celebration at Moody AFB in early March culminating with a formal banquet (think black tie affair but with their fancy uniforms).  I just bought my first ever formal maternity dress (very excited) and I'm ready for the big celebration when I will meet Brian up there to enjoy his honor with him.  Pictures will certainly be forthcoming then.

I felt like bragging on him tonight... hense the long blog.

1 comment:

Danifred said...

And you should brag! You are a very lucky woman, he sounds wonderful :) I hope to meet him one day!