Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Daily Schedule

Mommy Blog - So, I get a lot of questions on what my daily schedule is like with Brian TDY or deployed - basically, how do Thomas and I spend our days???? One word - routine. Yes, it is true that I have to be flexible with a toddler, but for the most part we have the same kind of routine each day. For weekdays (with school & daycare), a typical schedule looks like this:

4:45 am - my alarm goes off; shower and get ready
5:30 - wake my sleeping little boy and get him dressed for the day
5:40 - in the car heading to school & daycare; Thomas has sippy cup of milk and cereal to snack on for the trip
6:15 - dropping Thomas off at daycare
6:25 - walking into school for the day
6:15 to 3:15ish - Thomas is at daycare & I'm at school (I make it a point to leave no later than 3:15 pm so that he is not at daycare any longer than 9 hours... which is already an insane amount of time.)
3:30 to 4:15 pm - the drive home
4:15 to 5:15ish - get home, have light snack, play inside & outside and get dinner ready
5:30 - I don't like to eat any later than this... I usually have a hungry little boy
6:00 - got to take Ziggy for a walk around the neighborhood
6:30 - starting the bedtime routine (brush teeth, potty, tubby bath, read books)
7:00 pm - Thomas is fast asleep!!!!!! (and Mommy is wiped out)
7:00 to about 9:00 - cleanup, check emails/blogs, talk with Brian if possible, do schoolwork and do homework for graduate online class, go to bed!

Weekends have more flexibility - we usually sleep in until the 6 o'clock hour sometime; we eat breakfast together, play and do house chores (laundry, change linens & vacuum) in the AM. We get our grocery shopping done, hit the pool or beach and take care of Ziggy as well. Obviously, it is not nearly as regimented, but we still have structure. If there is no structure... I would go insane (that is the Type "A" personality in me). Anyway... that is a typical daily schedule for us.

No comments: