Monday, May 4, 2009

Another Project Done... well, almost!

Mommy Blog - Another home improvement project done! Well, almost done (if you ask Brian). He's never fully happy with a project that he builds until he says its done. When Brian was deployed, we put together a list of house projects that we wanted to complete while he was home for the 12 months - a custom built desk for our office was one of them. Trust me when I say that there are several projects on the list (some of which have been completed already) and with just a few months to go, I hope several more can be "checked off" the list.

Anyway - I don't brag on Brian nearly enough, so I thought I would do that in this blog. I'm sure I've said this a million times to friends and family, but may not have said it enough here - Brian can build anything we can dream up. He is extremely talented and has this "vision" that I certainly do not have. He can picture how things will look even before he draws it on paper. Me, on the other hand, can't see it even if he bit me in the face. I'm one of those concrete people who need everything drawn out and colored for me to even get what you are explaining. Hmm, clearly we see things differently (thank god because I have no talent).

Anyway - I try to act like Brian's little helper on projects (although I'm sure that I'm just getting in the way half the time), because I really do enjoy watching the building process of something. Of course, Brian makes everything look easy too. So... with out further delay... here is the building of our new custom office desk. Notice the little pint-size helper in a few of the pictures. Maybe he will inherit Daddy's vision and not my lack-there-of.




Yes, it even has holes for the cords!
"Daddy, did you measure correctly?"
"Works for me Daddy"
If you look close, laminate flooring is used as the table topper. How cool is that?
Decorative and routered edging is one of the final touches

Brian doesn't call this "done" yet - he says that he has to fill in the edging and we still have to paint/stain the underneith supports. Shoot, it looks and feels done to me. I love it! You know, I actually feel bad for ladies who are not married to someone who can build them WHATEVER they want like Brian does. Ladies... you are really missing out.

No comments: