Monday, March 3, 2014

The way a 2-year old argues

Just pretend for a second that you are a 2.5 year old toddler. 
This is how you would argue your point:

Marilyn: Mom, I don't want this tag on my baby doll.
Me: No problem sweetie.  I will cut it off when we get home.
Marilyn: Can I do it with my little scissors?
Me: You sure can but Mommy has to be with you when we do it.
Abby: Marilyn, you need to be careful not to cut the baby open so the stuffing doesn't spill out.
Marilyn: NOOOOOOO!  You can't cut the tag off MY BABY!!  NO, NO, NO, Abby!
Abby: I don't want to cut the tag off. 
Marilyn: NOOOOOOO!  You can't cut the tag off MY BABY!!  NO, NO, NO, Abby!
Abby: Oh Gheez.  You're crazy, Marilyn.


Driving home...
Marilyn: There's the moon, Mommy.
Me: Oh yeah - look how small it is tonight! 
Marilyn: I don't want it to be small - I want it to be BIG!  Why isn't it big?
Me: I like when the moon is big too, but tonight it is a tiny sliver in the sky.
Marilyn: I don't want it to be small - I want it to be BIG! BIG! BIG!
Me: Oh Gheez.  You're crazy, Marilyn.

No comments: