Monday, January 18, 2010

No holiday here...running nonstop!

In celebration of MLK today, we had a school holiday. However, today was no relaxing, kickback kind of holiday. It felt like I was go-go all day. The morning started with sweet kisses from Thomas around 6:15am when he came in to tell me it was morning and that his clock was yellow (see post about his new Tot Clock... yellow means it is time to wake up). In my heart, I was melting because he was so sweet and cuddly when he woke me. In my head, I was thinking "Are you kidding me? When am I ever going to be able to sleep until 7am?" But I digress...

I had enough time to get dressed, put the coffee on and get both him and Abby changed with a clean pull-up and diapers before my in-laws arrived at 7am. They were coming over to watch the kids for a short bit while I took Ziggy to the vet to have some "bumps" checked out. They came with all the fix'ins for fresh cooked waffles which Thomas was VERY excited about. As soon as I inhaled two yummy waffles, I was out the door with Zig and afterwards headed to Walmart for some groceries. So before 9am, I had already spent way too much money (vet bill was crazy expensive).
Ziggy
After arriving home and getting some help from my father-in-law to put all the Christmas boxes/stuff up in the attic, they took off and the kids and I took Ziggy on a walk down by the water. It was beautiful today - we are finally done with all of that frigid weather and enjoyed 65 degrees and sunny today! My mom came over shortly before lunch to spend a few hours with the kids. Once down for their naps, I left my mom in charge and I headed out to pick up my mother-in-law and go to Joanne Fabrics in P'cola. She is making the curtains for my living room & dining room, as well as refinishing the seats on my dining room chairs (together the in-laws refinished all of the dining room chairs... are they not so talented?) So... we were on a serious fabric missioin. Check out the goods: stripes are for the chairs; print is for the scarved curtains and the last fabric is the backing to the curtains. They will look awesome!
By the time I got home, Thomas and Abby were both up from their naps and having a snack and playing with Nana. I had enough to get a drink and put socks, shoes and a light jacket on them and we were in the car headed to the children's park to play. I had promised Thomas nearly two weeks ago we could go, but the weather has held us up. Today was a perfect day to cash in on that promise!

He even got Mommy in on all the fun - I went on a lot of slides today!
Abby, on the other hand, just slept and enjoyed the warmer temps (although a little breezy at the water). She is such a snoozer when it comes to being in her carseat!

By the time we had gotten to the swings, he decided there was too much sand in his shoes and he needed them off...
Here he is before I start pushing him. He swung for a short bit and then told me to get on. I asked him if he wanted to sit on my lap while I swung and he said yes. At first try, he sat on my lap but was practically falling off as I pumped my legs and tried to get us going. So, we needed another plan. I picked him up and turned him around so he was facing me. I put his legs up around my waist and told him to hold on tight! We started to swing high and his expression was magical. I don't think I have ever seen him smile that way and scream with excitement the way he did. I only wish I could have taken a picture of him. Too much fun.
Not wanting to go... who could blame him? We had a great day at the park.
With the kids tucked into bed by 7:15pm, it was the first time that I slowed down all day since those sweet kisses early this morning. A day like that though was worth every busy second.

Video Clip - Right after dinner, Thomas is singing "wheels on the bus..." to Abby. I grabbed my camera just at the end with enough time for me to get him to sing the last few verses. Try to make out the different parts of the song... I'm quite sure he could be the next American Idol Jr.

No comments: