Saturday, January 23, 2010

Play All Day!

January is flying by. I'm not sure if it is because we are now past the holiday season, we are in a turning point at school with the end of a semester and the beginning of a new one, or because I have finally let myself look closer to the light at the end of the deployment tunnel. Whatever it is - its all good. I just hope it keeps on roll'in through February & March.

Today was one of those days where we went nowhere and just enjoyed not having to load up and head out. Key word all day was "play." Update for you on Abby - she is really doing well at sitting up by herself (although I always tuck a pillow behind her because inevitably she will tumble over/back); sleeping through the night like a champ (11 hours straight); has finally discovered her feet and toes and loves to hold onto them - they haven't yet made it to her mouth, but I'm sure that is in the near future; she has started to do this funny thing with her tongue... sticks it out, chews on it, and uses it to taste pretty much anything going into her mouth. Not sure if a tooth is trying to come through or not - the drool is certainly there so it won't surprise me at all if we have a 1st tooth before Daddy comes home. Oh yes, and how can I forget, she has started to giggle. I mean the one that just cracks you up because it came from such a petite little thing. The #1 thing that can elicit a laugh from her? Her brother. Period.





Thomas stayed busy outside today with his trucks and hauling lots of my pulled grass. Dead pulled grass was on my sidewalk, the driveway and eventually on me because Thomas decided to make a game where he dumped a truck of it on me and I had to chase him. Huh? Not my idea of true fun but it was hilarious to listen to him scream with delight as I jumped up and chased after him all around the front yard. Not to mention a great workout for my legs, ass and abs for getting up and down a gazillion times.
Funny story for ya - the other night after Thomas' tubby bath, he was combing his hair. He looked over at me and said, "Mommy, let me brush your hair." I said "OK" and instinctively pulled the clip out of my hair so it would fall and he could brush it. Mind you - he is using the little infant/toddler brush (not a normal one). After about a minute of brushing everyside of my head, he stepped back away from me as if he was admiring a great piece of artwork and says with complete satisfaction - "Mommy, you are so pretty now." I quickly kiss him and say thank you. I had to pause for a second though because of the sincerity of his compliment. He really is sweetness in a package. Not a half moment after that, he took a few brushes of his own hair and declared, "my hair is so pretty too!" :) For Daddy's sake - I've introduced Thomas to a new word... "handsome". I'll make sure Thomas knows little boys are handsome and little girls are pretty before Daddy's return. I wouldn't want Brian thinking I turned his little boy into a sissy (like he said to me on the last deployment).




the tongue thing
A messy dinner, but a cutie smile!

No comments: