Saturday, December 17, 2011

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas

Finally!  The Heck household is starting to feel a lot like Christmas.  We were a bit behind this year with everything, but we are rebounding and getting ready for the big day with just 7 days to spare.  There are tons of the white stuff outside, plenty of hot chocolate inside and more decorations that I can remember ever having.
Here is Marilyn getting ready for her 1st Christmas...

 Little elves hard at work decorating the tree.  I think their favorite ornaments are the ones with their pictures on them from years past.
 


 Although cold and crisp... it really is beautiful outside.  These next few pictures were taken as the sun was setting around 3:45 in the afternoon.


 Whenever we head up to the sledding hill, the whole gang goes (obviously... I can't leave anyone behind).  Abby has made it very clear that she is not interested in sledding.  She prefers to sit on the sideline and just watch.  When she is cold, she also has no problem letting me know that and insists that we need to go home... right then and there! 
Abby now insists on wearing her snowsuit + her winter jacket. She really looks like a pink Pepto marshmallow now. But if it keeps her warmer and she is comfortable - who am I to say no?
 However, on the chance that things are good and she is having fun... I get to see her and Marilyn enjoying the snow together while we watch Thomas tackle the sledding hill himself.


 As the Mommy-pulled-sleigh heads back home, my youngest passenger gets a little shut-eye rest...
 ... and remains asleep even after I lay her down on the bed and take off her snowsuit.  Poor little tired girl - I guess all that fun in the snow will do that to an almost-7-month old.

No comments: