Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday Night Leftovers (Not much daylight edition)

Hey Friday.  Hey peeps.
  • I have been behind with everything relating to Christmas this year - tree, decorations, shopping, wrapping, cards.  I hate being behind.
  • Is it weird that I'm now used to the 5 hrs and 30 min of daylight here?  Yep... sunrise at 10:10am and sunset at 3:40pm.  Wierd.
  • I'm also surprised at how quickly I have taken to snow/ice driving.  I am quite cautious but it just seems like common sense.  Slow down, brake early, proceed slowly.  Yet everyday there is new snow, there are always at least half a dozen cars in the median.
  • Just finished an M.Ed class last week.  No sooner did I turn my final project in, there was an email from my new instructor for my current class that started the following day.  No breather at all.
  • It's a birthday weekend in our house - Daddy is one year older and one year wiser and we are hoping for lots of fun & good food!
  • Speaking of weekend fun... it might possibly involve a dog sled ride, snow machine rides and some tubing at a local ski resort.  Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Danifred said...

I find it amazing that you've already gotten used to the lack of daylight. I guess you just get acclimated?