Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas Questions

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Although gift bags are easier and I use them for other occasions, wrapping paper for sure with Christmas.  The fun is watching people (especially the kids) open a gift that is wrapped.  Even Santa has his "own" wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial.  I really thought this first year in Alaska was going to be the year we went back to the real deal.  Nope... we are still artificial.  Maybe next year.
3. When do you put up the tree? I'm embarrassed to say that it is still not up (and neither are decorations).  Seriously... we didn't plan on it this way.
4. When do you take the tree down? Well, we should really get it up first before talking about taking it down.  But my rule is it needs to be down before everyone goes back to school & work right after New Year's.
5. Do you like eggnog?  Yes I do.  I even like a little yum-yum (aka: Rum) added to it.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I don't remember many of them but I'm sure there were many "favorites."
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes... it is a small one that Brian had before we were married.  Every year Thomas wants to see "the baby" which is ironic that he is just learning about Baby Jesus at school.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My mom.  She just is.  She seems to have it all already.
9. Easiest person to buy for? The kids, for sure.  All year long I find it (too) easy to buy for them.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. There is just something about opening a Christmas card with the hopes to find a picture and read a holiday greeting.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? As a kid, my sister and I would get hand-me-down gifts from a person who received them from their students.  Auughh.  We knew every year that it would be some awful version of the year before.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a tie... Polar Express and Elf.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually after Thanksgiving but closer to December.  The real question is when do I finish?  Usually the day before Christmas.
14. Ever recycled a Christmas present? Yep. So there.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mother-in-law's peanut butter fudge.  Not sure if I'm gonna get to eat any this year unless it arrives in the mail (hint-hint).
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? White lights.  I like a classic look.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Anything that Bing Crosby sings
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We stay home, mostly. If and when we go anywhere, it's local. No traveling with the kids.  And starting this year in Alaska... we certainly will be staying put.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Um.  well.  kinda.  actually no.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Everything on Christmas morning.  However, as a kid we were allowed to pick just one to open Christmas Eve.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?  Everyone thinking that you have to get everyone something.  Really?  Even the mailman?
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?  My favorite ornaments are the ones we got to mark the kid' births.  They each have their own unique ones and they are beautiful.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? I already got my Christmas present and I was completely surprised and blown away to say the least... gorgeous diamond earrings from my husband.

No comments: