Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Going back to school

Mommy Blog - Many of you do not know that I have long been considering going back to school (yet again) to get a 2nd Masters Degree. I realize this can sound crazy to some... let me explain.

As much as I LOVE to be in the classroom, teach history and connect with kids, one of my long term goals is to move into administration in the future. With my current Masters Degree in Human Relations, that doesn't "qualify" me to be considered for the next level. So... the next logical thing would be is to get a degree which does qualify me and better prepares me knowledge wise for it - a M.A in Educational Leadership.

My classes are all online with Grand Canyon University (private school in Arizona) and begin on Monday. As a teacher, I am a firm believer that you are never done learning (at any age or any stage of your life). I am very excited and anxious to be a student again. Wish me luck with a busy schedule at work & busy life at home.

No comments: