Saturday, November 15, 2008

At Grannie & Poppie's house

So I got to spend the week at Grannie & Poppie's house while Mommy & Daddy went away on vacation (alone time for them)! We had a great time together. Actually, I went to school each morning like I normally do, but then they picked me up each afternoon - Mommy has this thing about keeping to a normal "routine". Didn't matter - I still had a great time when we got home to their house each afternoon. I have to tell you....... I'm pretty sure I wore them out. They aren't used to seeing me in "full-go, full-steam-ahead" mode. They probably collapsed on Friday when Mommy & Daddy came to pick me up.

Here are a few pictures from us playing in the leaves in the backyard this week. I love the way they "crackle" when I step on them. I tried to help rake, but it was much more fun to just play in the pile & throw the leaves into the air.
Poppie and me doing my two favorite things - reading & playing with my cars (along the arm of the couch)

On Tuesday (Veterans Day Holiday), there was no school. So... we went to the zoo and I got to see lots of animals - deer, lions, monkeys, giraffes, etc. It was so neat to see them up and "personal" after reading about so many of them in my books. It was a good day - seeing animals, eating "zoo snacks" and hanging out with Grannie & Poppie.



No comments: