Friday, August 8, 2014

An unpacking update

In my ideal world:
Brian and I would each be off from work for at least 2 weeks to unpack all of our boxes, organize, sort & purge more, decorate rooms, & complete projects.
Home cooked meals would be prepared & served by me to my loving husband and beautiful children.
Moving in to a new house would be as seamless & easy as opening the blinds in your kitchen window to let in the morning sun - easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
Oh, and there would be a little fairy who visited in the middle of the night and cleaned bathrooms, the kitchen and washed dishes.

In the real world:
I went back to work even before the moving truck had arrived in Florida.
I took one day off of work to help the day our goods arrived.
I'm gone for about 10 hours per day - that is time away from my loving family, as well as the house where I could be unpacking, organizing & sorting, decorating and throwing away boxes.
Brian has cooked most of the night (which is absolutely delicious), but I'm starting to feel guilty.
There are still many unpacked boxes in the dining room, office, playrooms & bedrooms calling my name.
Nothing has been hung on the wall - in the house, or my office.

Truth be told, I'm so far out of my comfort zone in dealing with a not-put-together-yet house, it's ridiculous.  I'm praying for another productive weekend like last Saturday & Sunday.  At the current rate though, I might have my house put together by the time the kids graduate from high school.

It's just slow...and I'm trying to exercise my patience.

1 comment:

Danifred said...

Hang in there friend! It's a lot to take in all at once.