- That morning, the kids commenting to Brian that they loved his "fancy" Air Force clothes that he had on.
- The special star necklace/medals complete with American Flag ribbon that each of the kids wore bearing their name (thanks to Grannie).
- Listening to the National Anthem.
- Being able to hug and thank so many loved ones who took time out of their busy schedules to attend.
- Hearing Marilyn tell someone that the special cake was actually Daddy's "big birthday cake but it was for his other special day, not his birthday."
- The beautiful backdrop of flags, to include an enormous American Flag.
- Glancing over to see the kids giving their full attention to the ceremonial speakers & their Daddy standing at attention.
- The girls' adorable matching dresses.
- When Thomas leaned over to ask me if I was OK & if those were my "happy" tears?
- And then moments later realizing that Thomas was wiping away his own happy tears.
- Hearing the most sincere, honest and heartfelt words come from Brian when he thanked the kids for being so "smart, funny & understanding" over these last 7 years and that he loved them so much.
- Listening to Brian thank me for standing by him all of these years.
Thursday, August 28, 2014
It's the small details that matter
So that I don't forget some of my most favorite details of the day...