Saturday, September 22, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (water logged edition)


Hi Weekend.
  • The rain up here in Frontier Land has been ridiculous.  Seriously.  We have had almost 19 days of straight rain. Water logged is an understatement.  Thank god we got to see some sunshine today & dry out a bit.
  • I have worn my rain boots so much this month that I have put all of my other shoes away in my closet.
  • Speaking of rain boots, Marilyn has started wearing hers so she too can jump in the puddles.  This is just an observation but toddlers waddling around in boots (size 4/5) is absolutely hilarious to watch.
  • High school kids are high school kids regardless of where you live.  But I would be remiss if I didn't admit that there is a noticeable difference between suburban NW Florida schools and an inner-city school in Anchorage.  More to come on this.
  • Brian was *this close* from going moose hunting this weekend.  Unfortunately for him {and our empty freezer}, his work schedule got in the way.
  • I will fully admit to be extremely blessed in many ways.  Case in point, as a mother of 3 young kiddos, ALL of mine are rock star sleepers who sleep in their own beds, all night long.  That equates to a solid night sleep for this mommy & daddy.  Can I get an amen?
  • Thomas has always enjoyed music (especially singing favorite songs from movies), but ever since school started and he has music class 2x week... he has been a nonstop singing fool.  It makes Brian & I just crack up.
Have a great weekend. 


No comments: