Saturday, September 15, 2012

Friday Night Leftovers (no bed rail edition)


Hi weekend.
  • After several weeks of asking to take her side bed railing off, Abby is now officially a big girl sleeping with no restrictions, and no railing... and she loves it!  Just one more example of Abby being 3, but going on 13.
  • Fall is officially here with colored leaves and cool temperatures.  The days are growing shorter and the smell of winter is not too far away.  Pretty soon the bikes & summer gear will be put away and the sleds, shovels and snow gear will be a staple item again in the garage.
  • Speaking of bikes, a certain little boy has been experimenting with no training wheels.  Let it be said that it has not been easy for Mommy.  Actually... it has tested my patience in a serious way.
  • Thomas really, really likes kindergarten.  We are off to a great start!
  • The clothes that I packed away last fall/winter from Abby are already unpacked, washed and being worn by Marilyn.  How is this possible?
  • Abby's favorite books are the Bernstein Bears.  I read at least one {if not many} to her daily.  We don't have all of them, but by God we have many of them.
  • Brian makes fun of me because I love to make & pack lunch for Thomas each and every day.  I feel like I'm packing a lunchbox full of love for him.
  • We live in a crazy small world.  Case in point... there are 2 teachers/staff at the high school I'm at from Okaloosa Co.  Another example is I parked next to a truck at the commissary the other day with Okaloosa (FL) plates.  Ya gotta love the military life.
  • In the last week &  half, snow has fallen on the mountain tops, frost has been on the grass & cars in the morning and the kids have worn winter jackets & hats a few times already.  Yes... winter is on its way.
  • My internship is eye opening {more to come on this}.  Not only walking in the shoes of school administrators all day long, but being in a different school other than the one I've spent the last 12 years teaching at.  By default, everything I have experienced interning I compare to CHS. There is good & bad that comes with that.







 

No comments: