Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mommies Day (Weekend)

Happy Mothers Day to all the mommies and mommies-to-be out there... hope your day was magical with your loved ones!

Friday night was a special date night for Bri and me... just the two of us out at Pensacola Beach enjoying some drinks, the sunset and some good seafood. Thanks to Grannie & Poppie for giving us some "us" time to enjoy.

Saturday morning I was busy with a 2 hour review for my IB seniors who are getting ready to test this week... I'm sure I will blog about that later this week... it has been a VERY busy few weeks as all of my students are either gearing up for AP or IB tests and this teacher has been almost as busy holding extra review sessions.

Despite being busy with school in the AM, we took Grannie out to dinner on Saturday night to celebrate Mother's Day with her. We hit up one of her favorites... Olive Garden... Most important though was spending a little bit of time with her and making sure she got to love on her grandbabies. Here is a quick shot just after dinner... Abby & Daddy "talking" and playing.
On Sunday after naptime, we headed over to see Nana's house where we celebrated Mother's Day with her and Aunt Jen... nothing better than a beautiful day and you can fit some pool time in before an incredibly yummy Prime Rib dinner.
Abbigail & Daddy swimming
Aunt Jen helping Thomas along as he gets more comfortable with the deeper end of the pool. Thomas has always loved the water, but this summer we are insisting that he wear some kind of floaty (either arms on on stomach) because he is such an enthusiast around the water. Today was day#1 and he really liked this kind... see the pictures below. I'm going to keep the arm floaties handie but I feel much better knowing that he has a little extra safety strapped to him. Don't get me wrong... that is certainly not enough. I'm certainly an advide believer that kids need to not only feel comfortable in/around the water as early as possible, teaching a child how to swim as early as possible is one of the best ideas. So... whether it is from me (former Red Cross Swim Instructor/Lifeguard) or if we go to the local YMCA for some lessons, I really want Thomas to be doing some basic swimming by the end of this summer.... if not for any other reason but "safety".


Thomas was loving the jumping in from the sides of the pool and making a big splash!
Here he is with Daddy going at it alone... not to shabby for less than 3 years old. Now we just need to emphasize the "kicking" and the "reaching to pull the water past you" is... I'm sure he will get it quickly once I start showing him that sea turtles do it!
Getting ready for the JUMP!
What a special weekend... to spend it with not only my children...
but my mom & mother-in-law also! I'm truely blessed!


No comments: