Monday, February 9, 2009

What a week...

Mommy Blog - Oh where to begin? I guess we can start with apologies for no updates in about 2 weeks. That really isn't like me at all, except when the Hecks start having a week like last week. It all started Tuesday morning - Brian and I walk outside at about 5:20 AM to load up each of our vehicles and turn them each on so they will warm up before we head off to work. We always do this before we wake Thomas up (thank god, especially this morning) so that he can get at least a few extra minutes of sleep. Anyway, we get outside and then Brian quickly realizes that his truck is NOT there. Let me repeat that - his truck is not in the driveway where we parked it the night before. Yes, that means what it sounds like it means - Brian's truck was stolen. We looked at each other like we were both stupid; we even looked down each end of the street to see if someone was playing a trick on us - but no truck. I can't speak for Brian but "sick" was the first feeling I had, followed by pissed. Actually, that doesn't even begin to express what I was feeling. However, after we called the sheriff's department and a deputy came out to the house and we got a police report, I started to calm down. I guess this is why you have insurance (car, life, home, etc) - for when things go wrong and you can't control them that is what insurance is there for. And the most important thing is none of us were hurt or injured. So, it has been a week and no truck has been recovered yet. Part of us is disappointed - I mean really - we just want our stuff back. Just give it back so we can return to "normalcy". However, the other part of us is a little excited because this possibly might mean a new car/truck. Hmmmm, is that bad to think that? Oh well, it is what it is. We will keep you posted, but I have to say the week didn't start out well with this event.

In addition to being victims of theft, Thomas is sick. Poor guy hasn't been sick since late Spring and now he has an ear infection, fever, running nose, watery eyes and he just isn't his happy self. Matter of fact, it is a lot of crying and whining. Really he just wants to be held and snuggled with. Who could blame him - isn't that what we all want when we are sick? On top of that - he got me sick and we think Brian is also on this "sick train" too.

So... there you have it... my excuse why there has not been an update or pictures in the last 2 weeks. Be patient because I'll get back on track soon.

No comments: