Saturday, February 28, 2009

Snuggling with a good book

Thomas loves to read books! The other night, him and I were in his room getting ready to go take a bath and he was looking for a "good" book to read. He came across a few books that he really never had paid any attention to before then - and one of them was an entire book on trucks and cars. Well, if you have been around Thomas in the last few months, you know that trucks, cars and airplanes are his favorite (next to Elmo). His exact reaction as he grabbed the book and laid it on the floor was, "Wowwwww Mommy... trucks!" I was excited for him and thought we would sit down together and read it before we got into the tubby for his bath. Boy was I wrong - he didn't want me to be a part of that. He said, "No, Daddy trucks"! Huh? I felt a little unwanted now. I mean really - I can be cool and read about trucks too, right? Nope - I was not the person who would be reading with him that night - Daddy was the lucky pick! As I'm realizing this, he is already running over to the computer room to share his new find with Daddy. A few seconds later, the two of them were down on the ground together sharing a good book together. I'm pretty sure that he had some good dreams about trucks & cars that night.

No comments: