Saturday, May 3, 2008

Relay for Life

Relay for Life
This weekend, I joined many of my collegues who I teach with and participated in the Relay for Life. Thanks to all of you who supported me as we helped to raise money and fight against Cancer! We had a blast (although exhausting) staying up all night Friday night doing this - what made it even more fun was the fact that so many of our students joined us for this great cause!
There was so many touching moments throughout the night with the survivors who were leading the way, but truely the most touching one for many of us was the fact that we came together to remember our dear friend Paula Buchanan (who has taught with us for years at Choctaw HS) who lost her battle with cancer this year.
Kendra, me and Sara

Some of my 10th grade students - Nicole, me, Ansley, and Katie


In the wee hours of the morning - still maintaining our sense of humor and spirit (did I say craziness too?). Jordan, Kari, Kendra, Jennifer, me and Sara

No comments: